beccaelizabeth: my Watcher tattoo in blue, plus Be in red Buffy style font (Default)
[personal profile] beccaelizabeth
I didn't want to start a new book or watch or listen things so I built some characters for Inevitable Excess in Wrath of the Righteous.

... that took So Many Hours. So many. To build half a dozen 20th level characters? Sooooo many.

And the build guide I was trying to make sense of is rubbish. Which I could have noticed much sooner if I had read it more carefully before I started putting things in, so it was frustrating. The 'team' it suggested has an Angel KC and a cleric who depends on Trickster feats. And the whole team only works with items you can get from the main game. And they turn out not to be available in Inevitable Excess. So I have spent many many hours building a team that will not work, on a difficulty level where they cannot retrain.

And it is kicking my butt completely.

Unfair difficulty is not kidding. I have built with every trick I know and buffed with 24 hour angel spells and added more buffs from a brown fur transmuter with all their powers kind of working (if I can figure them out) and there's a bard to buff them further (only I think that isn't working because I don't know what the powers do yet) and generally if there is anything they aren't buffed with it is because I forgot which I had already done.

And they are mincemeat.

Not even one fight. None fights achieved. Big stack of adventurer parts and a coin flip chance of hitting.

I don't know what I am doing wrong and this is not a way to find out, because getting minced too quickly.


I did build for AC and get a pleasingly tough paladin out of it, but I need to build perfect at this difficulty and neither I nor the internet guide achieved that.

The witch hexes where you buff your team and debuff the enemy would be handy if I could figure them out... and remember to use them.

Guarded Hearth would have helped, but unless we sleep after every fight it just cannot be a guarded hearth day all day.



Mostly though it is trying to jump in at level 20. Sure they're all a bit familiar, but not as it turns out familiar enough.


So that was not a day well spent.


I would be better off doing spreadsheets about it and seeing what each build bell and whistle will do.

Profile

beccaelizabeth: my Watcher tattoo in blue, plus Be in red Buffy style font (Default)
beccaelizabeth

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    1 2 3
45 6 789 10
11 1213 1415 1617
1819 2021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 20th, 2026 10:09 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios