beccaelizabeth: my Watcher tattoo in blue, plus Be in red Buffy style font (Default)
[personal profile] beccaelizabeth
I dreamed I got a VHS tape that said it was episodes of the Highlander TV series, but when I played it half the shots were remade with different actors. Like every time the shot changed the exact same things were happening, but Tessa was south asian and Richie was two black kids.

... there was one black man that was Richie but he had a little sister he was trying to look after, which would change the center of gravity of the show in fascinating ways.

Well, fascinating to asleep me.

It was interesting because it was confronting. Oh you're reacting differently to the recast characters? How? Why? Why exactly?

It didn't recast the actual Highlander. ... I'm imagining him now as an actual Highlander.

The thing is I've heard about the new film but I can't see the point of it if it's same same.

I did have the thought that the only really interesting thing they could do with it was to make it Heather who lives. Just set it up like we're getting an exact remake but then have the Kurgan kill Connor and have his lady love wake up Immortal and spend the rest of the time on how her perspective on history would be different but in the background of the gender flipped revenge narrative. Or keep it Ramirez that died but have Heather break up with Connor and have them bump into each other down through the ages but like he's a guest character in the story of her life? Or just... fix the gender imbalance in the original story and therefore give it an all new story.

There are a lot of things in common in the already told stories.

Fanfic does interesting things when it shifts the perspectives. We could do so much more with that.



In other news my sleep watch thinks I actually got six hours sleep today but it is adding the one and a half hours right after midnight with the hours I got after the parcel arrived at lunch time so I feel I could be better rested. Still more sleep than I managed yesterday though. If my me could just decide when night is and that sleep happens in hours not minutes that would be grand.

Or if there was a real life Ring of Sustenance. That would be grand too...

Profile

beccaelizabeth: my Watcher tattoo in blue, plus Be in red Buffy style font (Default)
beccaelizabeth

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    1 2 3
45 6 789 10
11 1213 1415 1617
1819 2021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 20th, 2026 05:35 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios